CLOSED FOR THE SEASON ON SEPTEMBER 12, 2022
Westlock County and area residents are welcoming the warmer weather and preparing for enjoyable outdoor activities, including going to Long Island Lake Municipal Campground on a hot summer day. As campground managers and service providers, it is our responsibility to take the greatest care to provide our staff and campers with a safe and enjoyable environment in which to camp. We need your help to keep our campground safe and accessible to ensure the safety of all who want to enjoy the water, beach and camping.
While the province is removing mandatory restrictions/controls, we will continue to implement safety precautions required to keep staff and users safe. These include precautions such as:
- Don’t visit if you’re sick or were recently exposed to someone with COVID-19
- Continue to wash/sanitize your hands before and after using high-touch shared amenities like washrooms, bear bins, water fill stations and dumping stations
- Bring your own hand sanitizer and tissues. Plan ahead to ensure you have enough food, water and toilet paper.
- Follow all COVID-19 information for Albertans and the advice of public health experts to protect yourself and others.
Leave no trace; pack out what you pack in. This will keep our campground clean and reduce the potential for human-wildlife encounters.
NO FOOD, DRINK, OR PETS ALLOWED ON THE BEACH. Camping permit holders have assigned tables corresponding to camping permit numbers on the beach for their use only.
Days and Hours of Operation
- Camp office phone open from 9:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. Monday-Sunday; 780-954-2261
- Gate is open from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m. for paid permit holders
- Absolute Check in time 6:00 p.m.
- Absolute Checkout time is 4:00 p.m.
- Quiet time 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. (no barking dogs and no generators)
The following permits must be booked ONLINE:
- Overnight Camping Sites $25.00 per night/unit - unserviced
- Tenting Sites $20.00 per night/per tent
Call Park Manager in advance to book these permits:
- Stay n’ Play Day Pass Permit $20.00 (limited quantities available, valid from 9:00am – 9:00pm)
- Stay n’ Play Camping Permit $25.00 (limited quantities available, valid from 6:00pm – 4:00pm next day)
- Boating/Trailer Permit $20.00 (limited quantities available)
- Buses/Large Vans $50.00
- Group Area can be booked by calling the campground office at 780-954-2261.
Beach Day Use and Day Use Boats
Will be available on a first come first serve basis. Limited quantities are available daily.
Come early to avoid disappointment.
- Day Use Beach $10.00/vehicle plus GST.
- Day Use Boats $20.00 plus GST.
- Non-refundable Reservation Fee $12.50 is charged to every camping/tenting site booking
- Change of Reservation Fee $12.50 (name changes, date or site changes)
- Additional vehicles $10.00
- Additional Tent for camping site is $20.00/night
- A charge back fee equal to one nights camping fee will be charged back to the permit holder for;
- early entry
- late departure
- or if the site is deemed unclean by the Park Officer or their designate
- Septic Disposal Fee $5.00/use for registered campers and $10.00/use for non-registered campers
- Firewood $8.00 (Subject to Availability)
- GST will be added to all Fees
- Weekends must be booked as two nights starting on the Friday (an email will be sent if booked incorrect or cancel with no refund)
- Long Weekends must include the holiday inclusive of the three days (an email will be sent if booked incorrect or cancelled with no refund)
Notes and Resources
Note: -All ATVs will only be allowed in and out of the park on trailers. -Pets are not allowed in public areas and must be leashed at sites, constant barking will not be tolerated. -No Horses are allowed within the recreation lease/or Municipal Campground boundaries. -All rules are subject to the New Recreation Bylaw 05-2019 (please review prior to booking your reservation) and 6.13 County Campgrounds Policy
Sport fishing requires a license for anyone 17-64 years old, residents of Alberta, non-residents of Alberta and residents from outside of Canada for full details see link below.
*Please review the fishing guide as there are changes for this 2020-21 season* Yellow Perch – qty. 15 Northern Pike – qty. 1 – over 63 cm (all other fish must be released)
- Long Island Lake (NB2)
- May 15 to Mar. 31
- Apr. 1 to May 14 – CLOSED
From the Town of Westlock, 22 km North on Hwy 44 to Dapp Corner (Hwy’s 44, 661 E & 801 Junction), then 12 km North on Hwy 801 and 3 km East.