Westlock County, also referred to as "County" recognizes that the privacy and confidentiality of a person's personal information is important. All personal information is managed according to the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Section 33(c). This means that:
- You will be informed, at the point of collection, that your personal information is being collected and the purposed for which it is being collected.
- You have a right of access to your information;
- You have control over ow the County obtains, uses, and discloses your personal information;
- All uses of information are subject to you not having refused or withdrawn consent, unless disclosure is made for legal purposes.
Even if you do nothing more during your visit than browse through the website, read pages, or download information, please be aware that the County automatically gathers and stores certain information about your visit. This information does not identify you personally. The County collects and stores only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access the County websites;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access the County sites;
- The date and time you access the County sites;
- The pages you visit on the County sites; and
- If you are linked to the County website from another website, the address of that website.
The County is committed to maintaining the accuracy of your personal information. To help keep your personal information up-to-date, we encourage you to notify us of any changes. Notification of address or telephone number changes help us provide the best possible service. If, upon review of your personal information, you discover any inaccuracies, please contact us. If requested, we will also provide you with a copy of the corrected information.
If you choose to provide the County with personal information in an e-mail or by filling out an electronic form and submitting it to the County through our websites, the County will use that information to respond to your message and to assist us to provide you the requested information or service. Subscription services may be modified either through your personal account settings or by contacting the County.
E-mail messages are subject to the FOIP Act. The personal information you share with the County is provided only to those areas that are required to carry out the business that relates to you. All e-mail messages sent or received are the property of the County and may be accessed by Administration without further consent of the author
All County employees are informed about our policies and procedures for protecting personal information and the importance of complying with them is routinely reinforced.
Questions about privacy?
To discuss any privacy concerns that are not addressed in our privacy and security statement, simply contact Westlock County’s FOIP Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-307-0527.
The Government of Alberta also maintains a website with free access to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (as well as other legislation) at http://www.servicealberta.ca/foip/